Last updated 24 May 2018
Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’, together with our holding company and affiliates, respect the privacy of every individual who visits/uses any of our websites.
- (i) you provide to us when you travel with us (or make enquiries to travel with us)
1. Information we collect
2. Use of information
3. Sharing information
4. Your rights
5. Data transfers
6. How we protect your information
7. How long we keep information for
8. Links to other websites
11. How to contact us
1. Information we collect or information you provide on a voluntary basis.
We will collect, store and process information about you if you voluntarily provide us with such information in connection with the following:
- filling in a form on any of our websites
- contacting us by telephone or face to face (e.g., in the context of making a reservation);
- sending us a letter, e-mail or social media message
- subscribing to receive a service from us (e.g., a newsletter, blog or by following us on social media)
- requesting promotional information from us (e.g., information about any of our goods or services
- your name, gender, home and work contact details, business title, e-mail address, telephone number
- details of food allergies/dietary requirements and special requests made (for example, relating to a disability) you provide to us
- dates of your travel with us and associated charges
- purchase or delivery of products or services
- reviews and opinions about our brands, products and services
- information we receive about you from any third parties through whom you have booked your arrangements.
We do not collect “sensitive information” (e.g., information on racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) unless it is volunteered by you.
We may use medical or other sensitive data provided by you to better serve and meet your needs (but under no circumstances will we process any sensitive data for marketing and/or profiling purposes). Such sensitive information is not shared with any person or body not associated with Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’. The material or information provided will only be used by Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’ or our third party service providers (acting as data processors) for the purpose of providing the services you request. By making such special requests or notifying us of such preferences, you agree to us sharing your information in this way.
Personal information we collect automatically When you visit the Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’ website, we may also collect certain information through the use of “cookies” and other automated means. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. Such information may comprise the following information:
- Date and time
- Originating IP address
- Domain name
- Type of browser and operating system used (if provided by the browser)
- URL of the referring page (if provided by the browser)
- Object requested
- Completion status of the request
- Geographic location
- Language preferences.
2. Use of information
Typically, we will use and process your information to:
- help us create content that is relevant to our visitors
- make improvements to our websites and social media pages and ensure that content on these is presented in the most effective manner for you
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you
- assess and help us understand general trends and patterns relating to our business
- provide for the safety and security of our guests and visitors
- manage general record keeping
- enable us to compile anonymous, aggregated statistics that allow us to understand how users use our websites and to help us improve the structure of our websites
- enable you to make reservations, and payments
- meet any legal and/or regulatory requirements
- provide the products or services you request from us
- improve our products and services and to ensure our products and services are of interest to you.
The processing of your personal information for:
- marketing and profiling purposes is managed solely by Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’. Your decision to provide your information for such purposes is optional and will have no consequence on your ability to stay with us or benefit from the requested services
- all purposes concerning your booking, your stay and to provide you with the services you have requested, is managed by Saphos Train Travel Ltd , t/a ‘Saphos Trains’. Your decision to provide information to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide such information you may no longer be able to benefit from our services. We may process your personal information by both automated and manual means. We may use your information in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection.
3. Sharing information
We may disclose information about you if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to legal process, or in response to a request from law enforcement authorities or other government officials.
4. Your rights
You have certain rights to the information we process about you as expressly provided for by applicable law. You may request access to the information we hold about you, update, amend or correct the information, and in some circumstances, you may object to our use of your information.
You also have the right to request that we cease sending marketing communications, whether by email or otherwise, to you. You can do this by
- (i) checking the applicable box(es) on any form used to collect information from individuals
- (ii) clicking the unsubscribe link displayed in any of the marketing e-mails you receive
- (iii) otherwise requesting that we do not process your information for marketing purposes
To exercise these rights or to make a complaint or submit an inquiry about our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also write to us at: Saphos Trains, PO Box 83, St Erth, Hayle, Cornwall. TR27 9AD
To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the information. Please note that if you opt out as described above, we will not be able to remove your information from the databases of third parties with whom we have already shared your information, with your consent. You should contact such third parties to opt out directly.